Hello everybody, I am little princess Jing Ting ...

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers


Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hospitalized ...

Have been having fever spikes since last Tues .... so Daddy and Mummy decided to bring me to the hospital to see a doctor.  Took some blood samples and a chest X-ray.  The blood results showed some bacterial infection and the chest X-ray showed some infection around the lungs.  So the doctor decided to admit me in hospital.

I had to have a needle inserted into my hand so as to start my antibiotic drip.  Daddy and Mummy thought I would cry my lungs out as they waited outside of the procedure room for me.  But surprisingly, I did cry a bit, but quickly stopped.  The doctor who did the insertion of needle for me was very skilful.  In fact, after the doctor has done that, I was happily asking the doctor what the needle was for, and kept looking at the needle.  The doctor said that I was a brave little gal.

So over the next few days, Mummy stayed with me at night, while Daddy visited me after work.  So in the afternoon, 姑姑,爷爷, 奶奶 and 公公 took turns on various days to come in the afternoon to take care of me, while Mummy went back home for a power nap and rest. 


See, I don't look like I was sick at all ... can still laugh and make funny faces




The temperature spikes were still high initially, and I had very bad chills when the temperature spiked up.  But after 3 days of admission, the temperature spikes were lower, and the chill duration was shorter.  But still not out of the woods.  In fact, the doctor needed at least 24 hrs of no fever before discharging me.  I missed my home, my friends, my teachers, and in fact, 表妹 kept asking 舅舅 to bring her to visit me .... definitely no, since her immune system was weak.

Ms Kristy and 周老师 sent a fruit basket over to wish me speedy recovery ....





















By the 4th day, my temperature spikes reduced to maximum 38 degC, and my X ray and blood results showed improvement.  So got to hang in there .... hopefully can discharge by Sat

No comments:

Post a Comment