Hello everybody, I am little princess Jing Ting ...

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CNY - 大年初二

On  大年初二, we had a fabulous lunch (开年) at my place with 爷爷, 奶奶, 姑姑, 叔叔, 公公, 舅舅, 舅母 and 表妹.  So Mummy prepared her 'famous' 鱼生 .... and it was the second time of the year that I did my 捞鱼生 !!!


The 捞鱼生 ceremony started !!!

We had a total of 8 dishes altogether (including the 鱼生) ... look at the fantastic spread, all thanks to Mummy and 奶奶. 

1. 鱼生
2. 蟹肉羹 (somewhat like the shark's fin soup)
3. 鲍鱼菠菜
4. 烤大虾
5. 古法式蒸鱼片
6. 烤鸡腿
7. 闷猪手 (奶奶 prepard this dish)
8. 炒银菇 (奶奶 prepard this dish)


So after the 捞鱼生, everyone sat down for a festive meal ..... Daddy bought some sparkling juice to go along with the meal.  Unfortunately for Daddy, he had food poisoning the previous day, so he did not take much of the delicious spread.


See how 表妹 was enjoying her grilled drumsticks .... enjoying it just like the KFC style

We had mochi ice cream and 汤圆 (to signify 圆圆满满) as dessert after the main course.  表妹 took her afternoon nap while 爷爷, 奶奶, 姑姑 and 叔叔 played had a friendly game of mahjong.  Daddy was in-and-out, replacing 奶奶 in some games ... and in the end, Daddy was the biggest winner !!! Haha.  But since it was just a friendly game, the stakes were pretty small.  I was a 'good' helper, checking on them to see who won, encouraging them, and helping them to throw the dices. Haha

And when 表妹 woke up, we had to go on our next round to 拜年.  公公, 舅舅, 舅母 and 表妹 went to 太姨婆 place, while Daddy, Mummy and I went to Auntie Esther's place.  Has been a long time since we saw Auntie Esther since she was travelling between Australia and Singapore to take care of her sons (my cousins) who were studying there.

Before we left, 表妹 and I went crazy running around the house. Haha

Since I did not have my afternoon nap, we left Auntie Esther's place earlier at 730 pm, so that I could come home early to sleep, ready to go to school the next day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment